Thursday, January 27, 2011

January 27, 1989 - 2011 (and counting...)

Dear (insert your name here),


No, this is not going to be a recounting of my whole life up until today. No, it's not that I've died. I just thought I'd write the date because it happens to be a fairly important one for me: today I turned 22 years old. 


Okay, so I'm hanging out with my parents. We've hit most of the big touristy areas in Paris already except for the Eiffel Tower. We plan to do that when we get back. Today we took a train from Paris to Geneva. We are staying in a very small hotel room. By very small, I mean very small. There is a bunk bed and a fold-away bed, the kind that looks like a cupboard and then folds down into a bed. We can't walk around them. However we're really only planning on sleeping here, not living here and so it works. It's an experience, and it's conveniently located very close to downtown Geneva. 


Today we saw the Reformation Wall, the Reformation Museum and a few other little areas in Geneva. We had a very delicious dinner. I had a cheese-tomato fondue with a white wine (Johannesburg Belrocher) and for dessert we shared a chocolate and fruit fondue. It was fantastic. Now we're all tired once again and need to go to bed in the near-ish future. I'll put up some pictures so you can see how great it's been. Note: I'm not trying to make you jealous, just telling you that I'm having a good time. :) 


Something I just realized is that this is the first year that I've been okay with not having snow on my birthday. Normally if there isn't snow, I'm disappointed. This year it's just fine for there to be none. 


To those on facebook or who have emailed me, thank you very much for the birthday comments or emails. I appreciate them. It's been a great day and I'm definitely loved & blessed. 


This is Mom & Dad with their authentic French "galettes" (salty crêpes).

This is me being a dorky Reformed kid and that's Jean Calvin being his stoney self. haha. Sad pun intended. :P

This is a little part of Geneva.

The International Museum of the Reformation was open. We went in.

Our dessert: chocolate fondue with fruit. Absolutely delicious.


And that's that. Just a brief description of our time traveling together so far. 


Blessings,


~Lynette

1 comment:

Jolene said...

Lynette,

I just noticed that you're scheduled to work in the nursery at church in April. Are you still in France? Do you plan on staying through April? We can find a replacement if necessary. It'd be a bit of a commute.

Have a great time!!!

Jolene Veenstra

Post a Comment