So long since I last posted. So many exciting things coming up. So many changes drawing near.
1. I'm currently packing. It's not super fun. It's complicated. I have to pack for moving, but not pack everything because I'm still living here for a few days yet, and I have to take some of it to Alberta with me first. Fun.
2. I'm going to Alberta! This is one of those trips that has been on my "to-do" list for a number of years now.
a) One of my older brothers moved out there 6 years ago, and I've been wanting to visit him for some time now, it just hasn't worked out. Now he's dating, and so I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with both him and his girlfriend! We haven't spent much time together over the last 6 years and so it'll be good to "reacquaint" ourselves with each other again, as ridiculous as that may sound (we're related, right?!). I'm also looking forward to getting to know this lovely lady in his life. I've met her once, for about a day, so I look forward to some "bonding" time!
b) I have this friend. Sometimes in life you find these special kinds of people who stay in your life, no matter what. A life-long friend, no matter the distance, or time spent apart, or the little that you know each other. She's one of those. We were little-people friends back when I don't remember anything, before we moved to Ontario. We grew up as pen pals and we have seen each other approximately once every 4-5 years (give or take a couple). It's been a good 5 years since the last time, so I am definitely excited to see her again!
3. That ends October. The beginning of November I'll be moving to Windsor where I'm going to start teaching. Thankfully I don't start teaching until half-way through the month, so I have a bit of time to get settled, feel out the city a bit, meet teachers and students before teaching, and start putting together more concrete plans for the courses once I know more where they're at in the curriculum. I am looking forward to my apartment there and discovering a new city.
4. I start teaching mid-November. I'm both excited and nervous, like most people are when they start a new job. (I feel like I said something to this effect just over 2 years ago - excited and nervous to leave on a different 8-month adventure...)
So that's life these days. After a wonderfully relaxing (and yes, sometimes lazy) summer, the next couple months are going to a whirlwind of change and activity.
Also: it's fall! I love fall! This year I get to enjoy beautifully bright colours, crunchy leaves, chilly
temperatures - the whole bit! How great is that?!


No comments:
Post a Comment