We're here, miraculously. This is how that happened; I'll try to explain somewhat briefly.
On Monday I went to the French Consulate in Toronto to pay for my visa, and hopefully pick it up. That didn't happen, but they did begin to process it. Erica also went, and wasn't even allowed in. I started to get quite nervous and emailed a bunch of people asking for prayer for the process. We also requested prayer via facebook. Rachel tried the tracking option on her package from the Consulate containing her visa, and saw that it only left Toronto on Monday.
On Tuesday, Erica went in and they opened up her visa for processing. Tuesday morning I got a phone call that my visa was approved and that I could pick it up. Rachel began to worry more, as the package had not gotten to Brantford yet.
On Wednesday, Mom & Dad and I left Brockville at around 7:00. We arrived in Toronto, I picked up my visa (YAY!), got a new ISIC card, then headed to Yorkdale to pass some time. Rachel got word that her package had arrived in Brantford. Erica didn't hear that her visa had been approved until just after 12:00. Our flight was leaving at 8:30. So, needless to say, it was stressful.
We all met at the airport on Wednesday around 4:45 and found out that our flight had been delayed until 10:00. It didn't really matter too much to us, though, seeing as all three of us were there and we could do this all together. Our flight was easy and went well. We arrived at Charles de Gaulle, went through the customs there, picked up our luggage, tried to figure out how to get a taxi, and got to our residence. We haven't been officially registered here. We're not quite sure when that's supposed to happen or how it will happen, but we're here, our stuff is here, and we have keys. :) Yesterday we were exhausted and overwhelmed. We bought a few necessary things, such as pillows. Our first meal: baguette (yum!), gouda, and an apple. I slept for about 12 hours last night. I'll be waking the others up shortly, I think.
Today is another day. We have some planning to do, some finding of stores and whatnot to do, and a lot of unpacking. It would be kind of nice to skip to October, to a time when we understand what's going on, my brain is already switched over to French, and school is going, but that's not possible. So we'll get through these awkward times, but prayer is definitely welcomed.
The timestamps for the posts are completely out of whack, so don't pay attention to them.
Have a great day!
~Lynette
No comments:
Post a Comment