Friday, September 17, 2010

What's THIS for?

Hey there, friends, family, and church family!

Welcome to my new blog. The purpose of this is to keep you informed of my goings-on while I'm off in that place called "France." I will do my best to keep it somewhat up-to-date, but don't expect a post every day. If that's the case, you are too bored and should probably be doing something else (like homework...you know who you are). I hope you enjoy it.

For starters, I'll explain the title. It doesn't take much, just a song title and lyrics. I grew up listening to Michael W. Smith at home and I have loved this song for a long time. It seems fitting, so that's where the idea came from.

Place In This World - Michael W. Smith
The wind is moving
But I am standing still
A life of pages
Waiting to be filled

A heart that's hopeful
A head that's full of dreams
But this becoming
Is harder than it seems

Feels like I'm
Looking for a reason
Roamin' through the night to find
My place in this world
My place in this world
Not a lot to lean on
I need your light to help me find
My place in this world
My place in this world

If there are millions
Down on their knees
Among the many
Can you still hear me

Hear me asking
Where do I belong?
Is there a vision
That I can call my own?

Show me, I'm
Looking for a reason
Roamin' through the night to find
My place in this world
My place in this world
Not a lot to lean on
I need your light to help me find
My place in this world
My place in this world

And that's that. Here's the blog; bookmark it, ignore it, it'll be here all the same.

I hope you all have a great year!

~Lynette

1 comment:

Dad said...

Lynette, great choice of title. It shows that you're not just there to get an education in French, but you are open to see what God is doing in your life. He is faithful, and he is good. Luv ya!

Post a Comment