Monday, March 7, 2011

Laughter is the best medicine...

February. 


Beginning of classes. Introduction to a new teacher, new classmates, new classroom. Always fun. 


In all truthfulness, my classes are going well so far. My grammar class is interesting. I'm a little concerned about the fact that our prof wants us all to do a debate by the end of the semester. The debate, between 2 people, I believe, should last 1 hour. That makes me a little nervous. However, that's not until later in the semester and so for now I am trying to ignore it. The rest of the class is going well, my prof makes me laugh usually at least once a day, and I am most definitely learning things. This is good.


My conferences are nothing to be super excited about, but I haven't really had enough of them yet to give a fair judgment of their quality. I don't start phonetics until the end of the month. (It's a rough life...)


We had a weekend with the young adults from church last weekend. It was a good time to get to know some of them better and to enjoy community with others who believe what I do. It was outside of Paris and I enjoyed a couple short, wonderful walks in the forest between the centre where we stayed and the train station. 


Écouen-Ézanville. The suburb-type town where the retreat was held.

Snow drops. Yay for spring!

March.


The 3rd-last month. The month with no holidays. Not even a long weekend. I know, my life is super tough. (Yes, I'm kidding.) The "little" sister's birthday month. She's turning 20 this year. My parents will no longer be parents of teenagers. (Not to try to make you feel old or anything, Mom & Dad.) 


Apparently March is the beginning-of-spring month in Paris, at least for this year. We are enjoying consistently 7-11 degree weather with promises here and there of 15 degrees. And sun. Oh the sun. I am very happy to be seeing it around more often these days. Paris is nicer with it. 


March brings with it the promise this year that I get to go home and see my family and friends in less than 3 full months. For those girls who have just arrived, this is not so much of a welcoming idea, but Erica & I are very much looking forward to going home. It is still bitter-sweet, though. There are things I will miss. Mostly people, really. But that's how it goes. While I'm here, I miss my friends and my family. When I go back home, I'll miss the new friends that I've made. There's not really a better way of doing it unless I can take the people that I love from each place with me no matter where I go, and that's not possible. So for now I'll enjoy my time that I have left with friends here and I'll be thankful to see everyone back home in a few months. 


This past weekend, all the Redeemer-in-France girls got together for an afternoon together. We needed to take pictures for the yearbook. We do enjoy spending time together, though. That was just the reason for making it happen now. We took many pictures and I will only put up a few (probably still too many), otherwise this will turn into a photo album and not a glimpse of life here. We laughed. Like the title says, laughter is the best medicine. It's good to do now and again. 


All of us Redeemer in France (RIF) girls. If you can see us.


Beautiful. Welcome to spring. 

The one-semester RIF girls: Martha, April & Maria.

This was a process with many humourous pictures along the way. 
I'm only going to show the success here, though. 

First-semester roommates. We don't like each other very much.

Just kidding. We do like each other. :)
Lynette, Erica, Rachel.
1-year RIF girls.

And I think that's about it. There isn't much else happening these days. My life is pretty normal. I'm a student, going to school, in a city. That's my life. Well, that's the obvious part of it. Anyway, I hope you are having a good beginning to the first full week of March. 


Remember to laugh often.


~Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment