Today is Wednesday. We've almost made it to a week. Hooray us.
A few things have happened in the last few days. Here is a summary:
1) Sunday: was uneventful. We slept a lot and spent time in the residence, doing pretty much nothing. This week I hope to find the church, and I can go there on Sunday. :)
2) Monday: We found the admin. building for the Sorbonne and registered. Mme. Dimopoulou asked if we could/would write our placement exam on Tuesday morning and we said yes. The rest of the day we wasted time and/or studied. Monday was also the day we bought our Navigo passes. This means that we can use all sorts of public transit in the city. Monday was the day of our first Metro ride. We found an FNAC, which is an enormous electronics store; it is 4 stories high and takes up and entire corner of the street by Gare Saint-Lazare. It's ridiculous. We ate at a Subway (yes, very European of us), and sent away our papers to finalize visa stuff here.
3) Tuesday: We wrote our placement tests. I have no idea how I did, but I will find out on October 5 when I receive my level and therefore my class schedule, and I think I pick my classes then, as well. Classes actually start on October 6. We met a friend of Rachel's, as well, and I had my first panini at a crêperie.
4) Wednesday: We found the Arc de Triomphe; it's about a 15 minute walk from where we live. No big deal. Once again, a little overrated, but more interesting to me than the tour Eiffel. We took the opportunity to walk down a part of the Champs Élysée, as well, which is absolutely ridiculous. I could lose/waste a lot of money there, if I really wanted to. The cool thing is that because of all the tourists, you hear a lot of languages. Here's another touristy picture just to prove that I was there.
Wednesday was also the first time that we actually cooked supper with each other. Mostly we've been eating baguettes, cheese, some veggies, apples, really whatever we remember to buy during the day or have left over from the previous day. Tonight, however, we had a scrambled omelette-type thing with veggies. It was delicious.
And that's it. Those are our adventures. In Canadian news, The Crown came out last Friday at Redeemer, and if you're interested in seeing what's going on there, you can see it at www.thecrown.ca.
I'm still tired these days, but I'm sleeping much better. We're speaking much more French this week than last week, and slowly, but surely, we'll get accustomed to it all. I still miss the familiarity of everything in Canada, but eventually this will become familiar as well.
~Lynette
1 comment:
Hey.....we were there! We even drove around it.
Post a Comment