So, life's pretty different, not living in France anymore. Being home in Canada is pretty normal. I can't believe that I have been home for (only) 2 months (already). Crazy. It's been a bit since I updated this blog on my life, so I thought I should write a little blurb. I have other things to do (possibly more important) but what better time to procrastinate, right? ;)
I have a summer job as an admin assistant. I am enjoying it. I'm working with a great group of people, learning new things, helping out a bit, and keeping busy, which is most definitely a good thing. I have about 3 1/2 weeks left of work and then I'll have about 1 1/2 weeks before the move to school to go through all my stuff (in my closet and the basement), organize it, re-pack things, and get all ready for my last year of university. I'm both looking forward to it and dreading it. I like the idea of finally finishing school, but it's also really all I've ever known, so it's weird to think about finishing that (and taking on all the responsibilities after...debt repayment...working...you know, life). One step at a time, though, and this next little bit holds enough excitement to last for a bit.
This weekend I had the opportunity to spend some time with family. Every August long weekend, we have "Hoef day," a family day with my dad's side of the family (the van de Hoef family). So today we were there. Yesterday we drove down, visited my sister and brother-in-law, and spent the night at my uncle and aunt's. It was nice to be able to connect with them again. Then today was spent chatting and laughing with more uncles, aunts and cousins (and Oma), as well as some friends and family who were visiting from Holland. Good times, for sure.
This week I only get to work for 2 days. Since today is a holiday, that leaves 4 days, but Thursday and Friday are taken up by Lydia's wedding. So, on Wednesday night, I get to make the trek back down to Southern Ontario (with Abbey, so it'll be fun) and help to set up for the wedding, and then be able to be a part of the celebration on Friday. Should be a good party! I'm excited for Nick & Lydia! It's a big step that they're taking and I'm thankful to be able to be there for them as they begin their life together.
Other than that, there is one month before school starts (plus a few days). This year should be interesting, with only a couple months of class each semester, with practice teaching, and the joys of interviewing for a job for next fall, it seems to be shaping up to be a very transitional year.
As for now, I'm going to enjoy summer for one more month. One more month of the river in front of "my" house, of listening to crickets at night, of having most meals cooked for me, of no homework, and no rent payments. Woohoo. :)
Here are a couple of the marvels of God's creation that I've had the pleasure of witnessing over the last couple weeks:
Sunrise remnants and unbelievably calm water on the St. Lawrence River.
Sunset across the marshes found on the outskirts of Brockville,
I hope you have a great August of 2011.
Blessings,
~Lynette
No comments:
Post a Comment