Sunday, September 4, 2011

The swing of things.

Back to school time. For quite some time now, it's been one of my favourite times of the year. I love new school supplies, seeing friends again, telling stories, hearing about other peoples' summer experiences, etc. It's generally a pretty great time of year. 

This year I am entering this time with a bit more hesitation. I registered at Redeemer on Friday and it was good to see people there again. However, it feels a little odd to be back. This was my life for a few years, and then France got in the way. Once again I need to work to figure out where 'my place' is. Sometimes that's enjoyable, other times it's just plain tiring and draining. Now, to be fair, I've only been here for a couple days and school hasn't started yet so I haven't really had the opportunity to get back into the swing of things. I'm sure it'll be a good year, I'm just not quite as geared up for it as I have been for previous years. There has been a lot of change in the last little while and the adjusting is taking its time. All in good time, I suppose. School will start and I won't have any choice except adjust, accept it, and run along with it. This year is most definitely going to fly by.

This year I will be learning how to teach, practicing what I've learned, and hopefully not messing up too many kids too much along the way. ;) I have a grade 4, 5, 6 Core French placement in the fall semester, which should be a great learning experience. The closer I get to actually fulfilling an almost-lifetime dream of teaching, the more excited and nervous I get. Probably a good thing, as it'll keep me humble and on my toes. We'll see what the winter semester brings, but hopefully a high school placement to give me experience in all areas of my degree (gr. 4-6 in the fall, gr. 7 for my pre-practicum, and then high school for the last bit). Hopefully by the end of it all, someone will think I'm teaching material and decide that I should be a part of their staff for the 2012-2013 school year, and I'll have a job! And that's a crazy thought - no longer being a student. But that's still months away....for now I still get to be the student. 


Lydia got married on August 5th. It was such a beautiful day, and I was thrilled to stand up for her. It was so great to be able to celebrate with her and Nick. 


Lydia & I.

Friends!


Fall is coming. That's another reason why I love this time of year. I really like fall. Autumn. Whatever you want to call it. I like pants and sweaters and scarves, I like colourful and crunchy leaves, I like chilly jacket weather, and the smell of leaves in the air. There is so much to love.

May God bless you in this change of seasons,


~Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment